Time-Lapse of us finally moving into and wiring up our massively updated downstairs media room, playfully named "Hyperspace".
We "high fived" during the multi-step new receiver awesome self-calibration, as it went around the room speaker to speaker. Each speaker working was a total celebration -- we had wired the room 4 months prior and had never checked them since then! Nervous! I "rock out" Guitar Hero style in glee as the Evil Plan all comes together, luckily, muhahhahahaaaaaa! 8-)
- new crown molding
- indirect lighting via light ropes in crown molding (dimmable via main room switch)
- removed ceiling middle-of-room overhead light
- projector mounted from ceiling, wired through ceiling
- eight speakers wired through wall (7.1 channel audio) (no wires visible!)
- painted walls and ceiling
- hung framed movie posters with in-wall connected "museum lighting" 8-)
- new technical/awesome (new product on market) textured sheet vinyl faux wood floor (only thing we didn't do ourselves; had installed)
- all componentry wired into new rack-mounted wheeled A/V rack in closet behind/hidden
- new receiver, works amazingly with AirPlay
- moved bluray/DVD "library" to rear of room
- freshly smoothed and true white-painted front wall for ideal projection reflection (no gain needed -- it's bright enough already!)
- custom "heat reducer" to re-route existing heat vent up/over crown moulding
Time-lapse pictures taken with "iTimeLapse" app on iPhone 5S.
Assembled, audio mixed, faded out with ffmpeg and scripts.
"The Eastern Star Express"
by Hunter Lee Brown
Piano and other instruments